In light of Governor Hochul’s February 10 decision to end the indoor mask mandate for all businesses, which include churches and parish buildings, we are happy to communicate the following updates from Bishop Robert Brennan:
1. Masks are no longer required inside churches and church buildings, except for CCD students on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
2. Priests and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion will continue to wear masks when distributing Holy Communion.
3. Parishioners still need to avoid physical exchanges of the sign of peace.
4. Reception of Holy Communion by hand is still strongly encouraged.
5. Food may now be served in group gatherings on the condition that there is no sharing of utensils.
Despite these positive developments, please know that our parish will continue to take all necessary preventive measures to ensure everyone’s safety and good hygiene. We ask that all group leaders adhere strictly to these updated protocols, especially with respect to the use of food in the Institute. Any group that wishes to bring in food must first receive the express approval of the pastor.